Wednesday, May 11, 2011

And so it begins...

The paperchase.  We have decided to adopt again!  After having Grace evaluated by a renown neuropsychologist, resulting in a diagnosis of Fetal Alcohol Syndrome, we have decided to do it again.  Crazy, you say?  Absolutely.  We have always wanted siblings for Grace.  And for whatever reason, in His providence, God has led us down this path.  Grace needs siblings.  We want a bigger family.  And this great organization can help us go back to our beloved Ukraine.

So many awesome kids without hope of love and a family to care for them forever.  The biological train may have left the station long ago, but adoption is so, so special.  I remember so well the little faces watching us as we played with Grace on the little makeshift playground.  Big round eyes taking in our every move.  I can still see them all.  I wonder what happened to them.  Now we have the chance to do it again!  I'm so excited!

The paperwork is massive and draining.  The savings account is not as large as it needs to be.  We are looking for ways to raise money.  Our friends have been incredibly supportive.  That's good because we will be calling in the troops for help.  If we can get our act together, we can travel before the end of the year!  Yikes!

Stay tuned for more info...especially on fundraising!

No comments:

Post a Comment