Tuesday, March 16, 2010

My Little Talker...

I have a talker. She is no ordinary talker, she is an incessant, marathon talker. But it's not just to herself, it is a running commentary on my life. I just spent over an hour at Wegmans, shopping. Not feeling great, low blood sugar. So, I am having enough trouble remembering the list items on my list, which I forgot, but I cannot hear myself think due to the constant talking.

I really have not had a whole thought in over 6 years. I am constantly interrupted. Reading, on the phone, having a conversation with anyone. I ask nicely, I threaten, I ignore, then I erupt. Today resulted in loss of outside playtime on the first nice day since November. I have no quiet in my life. I only have ONE child. Not a houseful, just ONE! She cannot be disconnected for one minute. Everything that comes into her head, comes out of her mouth. Everything. Usually, when I am talking to someone, it is something rude. She has NO filter. We now have incentives in place for politeness.

Don't get me wrong. I have a smart, VERY smart little girl. She is engaging and funny and has no idea when enough is enough. Makes it a challenge when homeschooling. I have to ask her "Can I please be the teacher?"

At the end of the day, it is simply exhausting. Now I truly know why God didn't give us more children. I just don't have the stamina!

No comments:

Post a Comment