So, we got a call from our adoption attorney. Well, she would have been our adoption attorney, if we had ever gotten a birth mother. Seems she is meeting with a birth mother on Monday who is very seriously considering adoption. No other information. I sent her a letter and some photos. We shall see. I haven't really told anyone since I am trying not to get my hopes up. As I have said so many times before, we shall see.
I also worry about her being able to handle the responsibilities of caring her elderly parents when that time comes. I am watching Gene struggle with his family and the declining health of his father. He and his sister, Lisa, are bearing most of the burden which he is happy to do but doing it all by yourself is another thing entirely. When Dad was sick back in 2001, it was so nice to have my sister and brother to talk to. I took a lot of the responsibility because I was close to him but there was someone else there who understood. And as the years pass after his death, it is nice to have someone who has my memories of childhood, funny stories. Who will she share that with?
We shall wait and see. The task at the moment is to get this family on track, healthy...that means me.
No comments:
Post a Comment